Apollo Bay has a great and safe swimming beach with good surf to get out the boogie boards or try your hand at a local surfing lesson. Seal Kayak tours are also available. Click here for more information.
Stay with us before and after the spectacular challenge of the Great Ocean Walk, 91kms of walking track from Apollo Bay to the Twelve Apostles.
Walk 91 self guided tours (Great Ocean Walk)
For more information, please click here.
Fishing is also popular with many fishing spots off the beach, pier, breakwater or harbour. Chartered tours also available.
Local 9 hole golf course for a quick round with some great views to tee off from.
Marriners lookout is a great location in town to get some fantastic photos of the town and coastline or just to chill out for a while.
There are plenty of self drive day trips that can be done:
- Visit the world famous Twelve Apostles including Loch Ard Gorge.
- Visit the award winning ecotourism venture "Wildlife Wonders" just 5 Kilometres away on the Great Ocean Road - take a 75 minute guided walk through the Otways and see the native wildlife. Enjoy a coffee and a meal at the Emu Cafe and browse the fabulous gifts and books available. Click here for more information.
- Explore the history of the Cape Otway Lightstation. Click here for more information.
- Walk among the trees at the Otway Fly Treetop Adventures or book a zip line tour. Click here for more information.
- Stroll around Maits Rest Rainforest Walk part of the Great Otway National Park.
- Check out one of the many waterfalls in the area like Triplet Falls, Hopetoun Falls, Beauchamp Falls and be sure to walk beneath the huge Californian Redwoods while you're at it.